Jim’s guest is Deanna Zandt, author of a social media book. They talk about how she got a book deal, raised money to fund it, and how she got free pizza.
Download the podcast from iTunes, or play it below:
Deanna Zandt is the author of the new book, “Share This! How You Will Change the World with Social Networking” which you can find out more about at her website, DeannaZandt.com.
During our interview, we talk about the following topics:
– How the former corporate employee and self-proclaimed ‘webmonkey’ went from independent consultant to author
– The process she took to turn her training seminars into a book idea
– The “Jedi Mind Trick” philosophy her publisher uses, and how she used “the force” of social media to raise funds in order to work on her book
– How she used crowdsourcing on everything from the title to the cover — and how people reacted to it
– The free software program she used to dramatically ramp up her productivity during the writing process
And yes, she explains how she scored a free eye exam and free pizza along the way.
Give a listen.