Do you have an idea for a new business? Of course you do.
Everyone has a great idea for a new product or business. The hard part is going from the idea stage to really getting it off the ground. And it’s even tougher to do it alone. With resources and funding at a premium, you can’t afford to make beginner mistakes.
Download the RedWire interview from iTunes, or play it below:
RedWire (www.redwirenation.com) is a collaboration tool for entrepreneurs that brings together a community of like-minded thinkers.
Through a comprehensive web application, they facilitate networking between entrepreneurs and members of the global business community, providing users with a platform for collaboration and knowledge sharing.
This week I interviewed Sarah Prevette, the CEO of RedWire. We met through Saul Colt, who I interviewed back in January when he was working for Freshbooks.com.
In fact, they met through the entrepreneurial community in Toronto that they are trying to foster.
In the interview, Sarah and I talk about:
– How her failed first attempt at a startup and subsequent “real job” fueled her passion to help the startup community.
– Details about what RedWire can do for people starting their own business, from mobile applications to barber shops.
– How RedWire is different from current online services such as Meetup.com.
– The marketing plan to spread the word about her company.
– The most popular startup ideas and trends she is seeing right now.
– The top challenges facing entrepreneurs.
– Why this is the best time to start your own business.
Hear the full interview by clicking the play button below, or by downloading from iTunes.
Download the podcast interview from iTunes, or play it below:
Check out RedWire